Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Kids check-ups



Carlie and Landon both had their check-ups on Monday and we found out that Carlie... is PERFECT! She is in the 45th percentile for her weight and height. She weighs 30 lbs and is 3 ft 2 in. She's healthy as can be and definately smarter than she should be. She passed with flying colors :)



Landon on the other hand, even though he is doing a lot better, is only in the 12th percentile for his weight and height. He weighs 12 lbs 11 oz and he is 24 in. They alos measured his head and it is in the 90th percentile. Two months ago it was in the 75th percentile so now the doctors are worried that fluid is building up in his brain and we need to get a scan on his head. They wanted to wait until his next check up to see if it goes above the 90th percentile but we are thinking of being proactive and getting it done now. The main concern that they have is how fast his head grew. He's always had a big head for his body, ever since birth, but it grew 15 % in just 2 months. So we'll see about that. I am going to be optimistic and assume that this problem, like his others, will work itself out and he will be fine. But if for some reason he is builing up fluid they will have to do a surgery to drain it. I don't know if I can handle that. I think it will be a lot harder this time around because he is more aware of things now. He's such a happy baby and he just smiles and plays all day. Other than this thing with his head all is well. If there is nothing wrong with his head and it's just big then it's kinda funny. I was trying to put a 3-6 month sweatshirt on him the other day and I couldn't get it over his head! Of course his body would have drowned in it. He is finally starting to out grow some of his 0-3 month clothes. He's almost 5 months old now and I was beginning to wonder if he would ever wear his bigger clothes.\

Ok so this is a little off the topic but Carlie just came into my room and said the funniest thing. She comes strolling in and says," Mom, I've got some good news and some bad news..." and I said, " Ok, what is it?" and she said, "I love you." and I said, " Ok, what's the bad news?" and she gave me a strange look and walked away. So who knows what that was all about. She's been full of these little phrases lately. She's such a crack up and she understands way too much!

No comments: