Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, October 11, 2008


So, there is one huge difference between me and Carlie... I hate to be scared and she loves it. She absolutely loves Halloween and scary movies. This is a little girl who asks to watch Jaws all the time. She's even asked for a big scary shark for her birthday. What a twinkie! She loves witches and ghosts and everything Halloween. She's been watching the Nightmare before Christmas and Monster House for the last week. It's funny to me because all of you know know me real well know that I never watch scary movies and when I was a kid I watched Jaws once and was scarred for life. I'm thinking about doing a joint gift for Chance and Carlie and getting them all of the Jaws movies. They are so funny together. We recorded Jaws 1 and 2 off of the TV and they watch it every month. Sometimes 3 times in a day if we're bored at home on a Sunday. It just cracks me up. This is one area where she definitely takes after Chance. That and her love for the BYU Cougars. Speaking of the Cougars, Carlie is going to be a BYU Cheerleader for Halloween. She is so excited about it.
Landon is going to be a tiger. We found a little tiger outfit at Walmart that is pretty cute and we really didn't see a point in spending a lot on a costume for a two month old who won't know what's going on anyway. I can't believe my little man is already two months old. It's gone by so fast. He's been through so much in his short life. I'm happy to say that he is really doing a lot better now. He's not completely better he's at least eating and growing. He cries less too. I am actually getting 6 hours of sleep some nights. Every night around 1 or 2 am he finishes his crying fit and then he eats and sleeps for about 4 hours, eats again, and then sleeps for another two. It's so nice. I was really starting to lose it. I've been feeling so good these last couple of days. I actually worked out today. It felt so good. Carlie really made me feel good when she came up to me after I finished working out and said, "I'm so proud of you, mommy. Good job!" It was so cute. One of her rare cute moments lately. I think it's finally starting to bug her that she's not the only child anymore. She's been acting out a lot. Throwing terrible tantrums where ever we go, running away and making us chase her, hitting, and talking back. It's sad really. I know it's because she's jealous of the baby because when she's getting all the attention she's the same sweet girl she was before the baby was born. I hope now that the baby is getting better that we will be able to spend more time giving Carlie the attention she needs.
Here is one more funny story about my little Carlie. She has figured out a way to make me buy her some of the things she wants. The other day after a Dr's appointment I decided I wasn't quite ready to go home so I stopped at babies r us just to look around. Well, I had Carlie in the back of the cart and the baby in his car seat in the front part. I couldn't really see Carlie because the car seat was blocking her so it wasn't until I was leaving that I noticed that Carlie had grabbed a sweater and the Sleeping Beauty DVD and put them in the cart. The sweater I put back but I had to buy the movie because Carlie had taken off all the plastic. What a clever girl.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

hahaha....that cracks me up about the sleeping beauty DVD. :) I'm glad Landon is doing better! It sounds like he just cried just to cry....some babies do that just to release emotion. Who knows. I can't wait to see pics of them at Halloween! :)