Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An addition to the family

Yes, it's true I just found out that there is a new member of our family. Relax, I'm not pregnant! Actually, Carlie has an imaginary friend :) It's really quite sweet. Her name is Emily. Carlie has been playing with her all morning. I heard her saying the cutest things. Here are some of the litte "conversations"...
"Here Emily, you can use this paint brush."
"Emily, you did it! Good job! Woohoo!!"
"Emily, do you want some yogurt"
"Let's dance, Emily"

It was so cute! I guess I need to try and set up some playdates for Carlie. She must want some friends to play with. Not that I really care that she has an imaginary friend. She is only 3 and I love that she's so creative. Carlie is always running around talking to herself and pretending. Every now and then I peek in her room and she's in there paying tea party with her dolls. I just love it.

Carlie is the light of my life. Last Sunday I had to stay home with Landon because he was sick and I was so mad about it because Carlie said her first prayer in sharing time. I practiced with her a little before and told her that if she needed help her teachers would be there. I am so sad that I missed it. But there will be other times. I can't stand being away from her. As soon as it turned 2:00 I sat and waited by the window for her to come home. And when she came in the door she was so excited and showed me her picture of Joseph Smith and said, "look mom, it's Joseph Smith. The first prophet of the church." It was so freakin adorable. I have to say one of my favorite things about being a mom is seeing how excited Carlie get's when she learns something new. She just lights up.
Anyway, duty calls. Laundry, dishes, messy rooms... crying baby, you know the drill.

Carlie after church holding the pciture of Joseph Smith...it's not a great picture but she wouldn't stand up to let me get a good one :)

1 comment:

Christa said...

I love Carlie. Tell Emily I say hi! Landon is diggin the saucer!!