So, around the beginning of April Chance and I decieded to move to Springville so Chance could take over the Dairy Queen. It was a very spur of the moment thing. One day we heard that it was a possibility and a couples days later it was done. We had about a week to find a place to live and move out. It was so stressful. We looked and looked for a place to live and anything that was "affordable" was income restricted and everything else was either really gross or way to expensive. We looked at a couple townhomes for rent but they were so cute and the rent was so great that they were basically gone when we called on them. So, after all our searching we found a little house with a for rent sign in the window. The rent is ok and it is just five minutes from where Chance works. We rented the upstairs of the house and a newlywed couple rented the basement. It's not the greatest situation in the world, I would have like to just rent the whole house but it just didn't work out that way. So, anyway we have been living here in Springville for almost a month now. When we first looked at the house definately looked like a fixer upper but I think I've done a pretty good job making it look cute. I have almost every room finished. The babies room will be the last to get done. Right now it's just a storage room for all the stuff we don't have a place for. Carlie's room looks really cute. I bought her some new bedding for her toddler bed and none of the decorations matched so I went to Michaels and got some new decorations for me to paint and stuff. I love doing that kind of stuff.




I got some stuff for the babies room too. I am actually pretty proud of how everything turned out. On a not so happy not we are still waiting for our washer and dryer. When we moved in our landlord said she would have hookups put in but she still hasn't done it. It's getting very frustrating. We have been driving an hour back to Bountiful to do our laundry at Chance's parents house. What great timing for gas prices to go up. Then there was the problem with the toilets which is now almost finished. And the leak under the kitchen sink should be fixed this weekend, if we're lucky.
Alright then, now for the fun stuff. The arrival of our little baby boy is getting closer and closer. I am 25 weeks now and it shows!!! My c-section is going to be scheduled for August 15,16,17,18th. I can't decide which day. It's really hard because I want to accomodate as many people as I can but it's really hard. Part of me wants to just have it on the 15th because it's soonest then part of me likes the 18th because then he and Carlie would both be born on an 18th and I like 8-18-08 for a birthday. I didn't really want the 17th because I don't love the number 17 and the 16th just doesn't stand out to me. I think it's actually going to be the 16th or 17th though. I have until May 29th to decide. I guess I should just stop worrying and make the decision.
Carlie is so cute about everything. She loves her new room and she actually plays in there all the time now. She also really loves the baby. She talks to him and sings songs to him. she loves feeling him kick. It's so sweet. She also loves going to visit Daddy at work. She acts like she owns the place. She knows that everytime we go in she's getting some ice cream.
Chance and I are so happy to be out on our own and everything but we are definately stressed out by all of the new worries. Chance is working so hard but it seems no matter how much he does there are always problems. He works 10-14 hr shifts in his store, 6 days a week and then when he's at home he gets bombarded by phone calls and text messages. Sundays are his one day off and even then he has to do paper work and stuff from home. He really never gets to rest. It's hard on all of us but it has to be done. Carlie and I really miss him, but we all try to find time for each other. That's one of the reasons why Carlie and I go into his work so often. It gives us a little time together.
I'd like to say that things will get better once things have settled down a little but I'm pretty sure that just as things are starting to die down we will be bringing home a band new baby.
Well, even though there is plenty more to tell, I really just don't have time. There is so much to get done now.







2 comments:
Hey! I was worried about you. I checked your blog almost every day, hoping there would be a new post! Congrats on moving out! I'm happy for you guys! Oh, and I love how in the pictures of the living room Carlie is watching Mickey Mouse Club House! :) Love and miss you!
The place looks pretty good! You definitely made things look nice. You need to post a picture of yourself again!
Love you!
Post a Comment