So, I guess most of you probably already know that we have decided on a name for our baby boy. It wasn't easy... there was yelling, there was name calling, there was awkward silence, but we finally did it. In a couple months we will be welcoming Landon Chance Bowen into the world and into our family.
It is such a relief. I can finally cross one thing off my list of things to do before the baby is born. Actually, I can cross one more thing off my list. Most of you know I have to have a c-section and with that comes the choice of what day to schedule it. The doctor said I could schedule it any day between the 15th and 18th of August. My first thought was of course the 15th because why be pregnant for three more days, right? My 2nd thought was the 18th would be cool because then both Carlie and Landon would be born on an 18th. Which would be pretty easy to remmber and I liked the sound of 8-18-08. But due to conflicting schedules and other major events I have decided to prolong my pregnancy two days longer. August 17th is our day. It actually works out really well. My dad and stepmom and hopefully my brothers and sisters will be coming down on the 16th, I will have the baby the 17th, and my sister Ashley will be graduating from BYU on the 18th. Also, Chances parents will be back from their camping trip so all the grandparents will be able to be there.
In other baby news, I would be willing to bet that this kid will be an athlete. He is all over the place. I know there is only one baby in there but sometimes it feels like 2 or 3. His favorite place to "workout" is right in my ribs. Sometimes he is so far up that he cuts of my air supply. I've definately hit that point where I am extremely uncomfortable. I'm so happy that it's almost over. I do love feeling him bounce around and kick though. It's one of my favorite things in the whole world.
We are going to Chance's family reunion this weekend so hopefully we will get some pictures taken and I can show everyone my enormous belly!!!
In other news, I would like to brag just a little bit. I am so proud of my little sister Lauren, or as I call her "lola". She recently one a singing contest at her college and the prize was a recording session. Just last week she went in and made her first cd, titled Lolo- Unleashed. I haven't heard it yet, I am still waiting for my copy, but I have heard her sing her songs before. She writes all of her own songs and plays the guitar. What's even more exciting is that the man who recorded the cd for her said that he was really impressed with her. He asked where she'd been trained and when our dad told him that it was just all her and she'd never had any training the guy was totally shocked. He said that she would definately make it. He said that she never went off pitch and was just a perfect singer. He even said she was too good for American Idol!!! Lauren just left Colorado for the summer to go to Austin Texas to persue her dream. She is going to perform in bars and clubs and anywhere that has open mic nights. It's so neat to have such a talented sister. I'm so proud of her for going after her dream and overcoming all of the oppsticles she's had these last few years. She was able to turn a very confusing and difficult situation (our parents divorce) into beautiful music. I can't wait to get my copy of her CD so I can show it off to everyone I know!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I love Landon! My sister's due date is like 2 days before your scheduled C-section...two of my favorite girls are havig babies the same week!
Oh, and as far as Lauren goes, that is absolutely AWESOME!!! She really is living the dream huh? I would have LOVED to do what she is doing! I'm so proud of her! I definitely want to hear some of her stuff when you get a copy of the CD!
Post a Comment