Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pearly whites

I am very happy to report that Carlie's 1st dental experience went very well. She handled everything so well. She did gag a couple times when they took the x-rays but that's about it. She laughed the whole time they were cleaning her teeth. When I very first started brushing her teeth I told her I was going to tickle her teeth so she would actually open her mouth. Now every time we brush her teeth she laughs becasue it tickles. The hygeneist thought it was pretty funny.
The whole experience was filled with compliments. From an old man in the waiting room saying that Carlie was so well behaved and not like some other kids and thanking me for being a good mother to the dentist asking if I was Carlie's sister. He was shocked when I said I was her mother and that I was 26 years old. I think he's either smoking crack or blind but he acutally said I could easily pass for 17!! I don't think so. The really funny thing is that a couple weeks ago a college student knocked on my door and asked if my parents were home.
Landon was very charming and made sure to flirt with every girl that came his way. He's got a big smile for anyone who's willing to give him some attention.
Most importantly Carlie doesn't have a single cavity!! They said she acutally had some of the cleanest teeth they've seen on a 3 year old. I wish I could expect the same comments when I go in for my cleaning and exam in July.
I feel pretty lucky today. My kids were awesome, our dental insurance covered the visit, no cavites, no tantrums, just an easy, hassle free, day.

No comments: