Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 8, 2009

The perfect Mother's Day gift

It was a typical Friday night in the Bowen home. Not really doing much, no plans to go anywhere. It didn't seem like it was going to be any different than any other night of the week, but then Landon went to bed and Chance fell asleep on the couch. So it was just me and Carlie. Not really something that happens too often these days. I'm usually dealing with the baby and Carlie is usually off making messes or watching a show "on command", as she puts it. Tonight was different though, it was special. Carlie and I laid in my bed and we told knock knock jokes to each other for almost 40 minutes. Her jokes never really made sense but I still couldn't help but laugh. She didn't always understand my jokes but she laughed at everyone. My favorite joke of hers is...

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Tank.
Tank who?
You're welcome.

and her favorite joke of mine is...

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Milld.
Milld who?
Oh that's what stinks.

She has no idea what mildew is but she laughed so hard. It was great. We told jokes for a while longer and the later is got the more tired we got, and the more tired we got the more silly we got. We ended up laughing for like 5 minutes straight and we really had no idea why. We just couldn't stop. At that moment I felt like she was my best friend in the whole world. I didn't think I could be any happier and then she looked at me and stroked my cheek and said. "I love you mommy." and I just melted. I told her I loved her to and that she was the best daughter in the whole world and then she looked at me again and said, " You're the best mommy I ever saw." After that she snuggled into my arms and I combed through her hair with my fingers as she drifted off to sleep. Just before she fell into a deep sleep she turned to me, eyes still closed, and smiled. It was one of the best moments of my life. I knew that when Landon was born things would change and I wouldn't get to focus all of my attention on Carlie anymore. I have really missed cuddling with her and talking with her and just spending time together, just the two of us. I sometimes forget that Carlie is only 3 because she's so smart but tonight it was like she was my baby again. Looking up at me with her big brown eyes and making me feel like I was the most important person in the world to her. It was the perfect mother's day gift.

This picture is of me holding Carlie when she was a baby but it's a perfect example of how I felt tonight as she fell asleep in my arms.

No comments: