Friday, March 6, 2009
Landon's 6 month check up
So, we have some good news and some bad news. More good than bad :) First of all, Landon's head has dropped from the 94% to the 90%. Sure that's not much but it's better than if it had grown again. We were really worried about that. Over all Landon is doing really well. He has grown 2in which makes him 26 inches tall. He's now in the 30% for his height. Unfortunately, my skinny little boy has only gained 1 pound in 2 months. He now weighs 13lbs 11oz. That puts him below the 5%. So I am going to try and feed him more and he's also starting to eat baby food so hopefully that will help. I have to take him back to get weighed in about a month and if he's still not gaining weight we'll have to... well, I'm not exactly sure what we'll have to do but the doctor said we'll have to do something. I have to say he is a very tough boy. He got 4 shots and a heel prick (which they had to poke him twice because the first one didn't bleed) and he barely cried. He was being so cute during his whole appointment. grabbing his toes and rolling around. He was talking to the doctor, squeaking and squealing, and smiling like crazy, until the mean nurse came in and started poking him. Other than his weight he is developing great now. He's starting to teeth, although no teeth have actually started poking out yet. He can sometimes sit up for like 30 seconds which ,considering how big his head, is quite the accomplishment. I swear most of his weight is in his head. Poor guy has almost no balance. So, that's our update on Landon. At this point we're just hoping that his body catches up with his head. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment