Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 12, 2008

One last day of fun

So here's the latest on our situation. Chance quit Dairy Queen, Yay!!! We are very happy about that. He is now going to work for Sonic. It's very promising. There is opportunity for growth, bonuses, and happiness. He starts his training on Monday and he will train until the end of August. They are also giving him paid time off when the baby is born. Sonic is already doing more for us then Dairy Queen ever did. Our insurance will start the same day Chance does so we don't need to worry about that anymore. Unfortunately, the very wonderful people at Dairy Queen decided to stick it to us one last time. They are now trying to make Chance pay them back for the last payment of our insurance with them. I'm not even sure that's legal. We are looking into it. We're aren't giving up without a fight. We both can't wait to be rid of these guys once and for all.
Now, before we found out that they were going to try and keep, pretty much, Chance's entire last paycheck I had decided that Carlie and I needed one last day of fun together before her little brother arrives.
So, I called up my sister Ashley and we took the girls to the zoo. Carlie loved it. The last couple times we took Carlie to the zoo she really wasn't very interested but she really enjoyed it this time. It was so funny because before we even knew if they had and alligator exibit she was asking to see them. I don't even know how she knew about alligators. Luckily for her they have an exibit called the Ghost of the Bayou. It's a single white alligator. It was pretty cool. It stared right at Carlie and Kaitlyn. It even started moving toward them, which we were told is pretty special. I think he thought he was looking at his next meal :) Here is a picture of Carlie's favorite alligator.

Carlie was so funny. She had a little comment about every animal. She said the elephants were yucky, the Barilla's (gorilla's) were monsters,and the girraffes were silly. It was so entertaining. She was so well behaved the whole day. I am so proud of her. She never whined or complained and she just enjoyed being out.
It was so hot that day and being 8 months pregnant and pushing a stroller up some very steep hills made it a short trip to the zoo. I thought I got pictures of all the animals we saw but somehow I missed the tiger and a couple other animals. But, here are the picures I did get.




No comments: