Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bed Rest for Nicole

It's true, I have been sentenced to 3 weeks in bed. At least I lasted longer this time. With Carlie I was on bed rest from 32 weeks on. In some ways I am almost relieved because I may get a chance to relax before the baby comes, but it's incredibly difficult for me to just lay here and not do what I normally do. I am dying to clean my house. You know how sometimes you go through a nesting period when you are pregnant? I really want to clean and get everything spotless for the baby and I can't. It's killing me. Plus it's not that easy to be on bed rest with a 2 year old running around. I'm trying to follow doctor's orders as much as I can but I'm still a mom and Carlie still needs to be taken care of. Chance does as much as he can when he's home and Carlie really loves spending time with him. Some women in the ward are already bringing us meals so I don't have to cook. Woohoo!! Chance is driving again, he finally got his liscence back!!! It feels strange having him come and go on his own now. We are so used to dropping him off and picking him up. I think Chance kinda misses it too. As much as there were times I really didn't want to have to get out of bed a 5 in the morning to take him to a meeting or wake up at 1 in the morning to go get him from his closing shift, I really enjoyed the 5 or 10 minutes extra that we had together.
It's kinda funny, but I think that now that it's so close to the arrival of our baby, Chance and I are both getting a little sentimental about Carlie. I can't help think about what it was like when she was just a baby and how grown up she is now. I think about the first time I saw her and she was so tiny and beautiful. She's just been so wonderful and I love watching her get bigger and smarter and more beautiful everyday. She's such a good girl and she's so loving. This morning when she woke up she put her little hand on my face and in her sweet voice said, "You're my angel, mommy". I could just cry. It reminds me of the song/poem I wrote for Carlie when she was just a couple months old. Chance has been able to spend more and more time with Carlie lately and it's definately having an effect on him. He took her to Walmart with him the other day and it really got to him. They haven't spent a lot of time alone together so I think it was really special to him. He wants to continue to do things just the two of them every week, whether it's just a quick trip to walmart or getting some ice cream. It's really sweet. I love that they have there special moments.
Anyway, I am so ready for this baby to just come already. I am so miserably large. He is going to be a big baby. My doctor said he is definately going to be bigger than Carlie was. She was 7 lbs 4 oz. I am sure this one will be 8 lbs or more. He certainly feels like it. I just keep telling myself 3 more weeks. I guess there is a chance that it could be sooner because of the contractions I've been having but I really doubt it. I had tons of contractions when I was pregnant with Carlie and it never did anything but cause me pain.
Well, since I'm going to be having quite a bit of time on my hands for the next few weeks I'll probably be writing on my blog a lot. Just to keep me busy.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Boo on the bed rest. Glad chance go his license back! Hope you feel better!

Love you,

Christa