Late last night we took Landon to Primary Children's Hospital because he has been throwing up randomly for the past few weeks. He's also stopped sleeping. He can't nap and he wakes up 5 times a night screaming bloody murder. He's constantly hitting himself in the head and shaking his head, clear symptoms of a headache. His latest CT scan, that was done just a few days ago, showed that there was an increase in the fluid and his head has grown a little over an inch in the last two months. At least according to the neurosurgeon. Last night at the ER they said that the radiologist and the on call resident from neurosurgery couldn't see an increase at all. Who is right? We have no idea. No doctor really has any answers for us. They are agree there is something wrong, and they all agree that they don't know what it is. We have another MRI scheduled for the end of September and it looks like nothing will be done until then. They don't want to act prematurely and put in a shunt if it's not necessary. They examined him to see if there were something else causing these symptoms and they couldn't find anything, so we're left to believe that he's getting migraine like headaches. They only advice we were given is to give him Tylenol (which doesn't do anything for him). Even the neurosurgeon had no clue what is causing his problem. He's hoping the next MRI will show something that maybe couldn't be seen last time. He's assuming there is in fact a blockage in there but it was too small to detect last time. We still hope that the next tests will give us some answers, whether it be that they're not worried about him anymore(what we would all hope for) or finding out that he does need the surgery.
On a happier note, Landon is learning a lot of news tricks. He is now sitting up completely on his own and can kind of catch himself if he tips over. He's still not quite "crawling" but he's become very fast at scooting all over the house. He puts his arms up in the air when I say "so big", he claps, and he shakes his head no. He's tried saying a few words but they didn't come out quite right. He's very eager to start walking. He'll hold my hands and walk but it's still pretty unstable and he seems to skip more than walk. It's so adorable when he does walk. He takes very fast, small steps. And it looks like he's walking on his heels. He's eating really well. I've started making my own baby food which will save us some money. Thank you Bod and Dixie for my food processor, it's wonderful! Landon loves to eat everything he can get his hands on. I'm looking forward to letting him dig into his birhtday cake. He'll be turning 1 in just two weeks! I can't believe how fast it's gone. I hope his next year of life will be better!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Well, I know I'm way behind, but I decided to update myself on blogs. I'm so sorry about Landon! It breaks my heart that he is going through everything he is going through! I hate when babies have problems. I will be praying for him! I can't believe he is 1!!
Post a Comment