Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 5, 2009

A not so happy 4th of July

While everyone else was out having bbq's and watching fireworks we were at home washing throw up out of our sheets, couch, blankets, and car. Both of our children were sick the whole weekend :( Carlie got sick first so we took her to the dr on Saturday. Luckily our new pediatricians office has a on call dr every weekend. So we found out that she has strep and a urinary tract infection. Apparently strep can also make you throw up. So, she taking an antibiotic and is already starting to feel better. Landon, however, is just at the beginning. He threw up all over the car last night. We thought we'd try to see some fireworks but that really didn't work out. Not only did it start to rain but Landon started throwing up. It was seriously all over the back seat. I had to take apart his carseat and wash every piece. He's been so tired all day and has no appetite. He's only had two bottles in the last 30 hours. I just hope he doesn't lose any weight. I'll probably be taking him to the dr so he can get an antibiotic. I wonder if they'll just prescribe one for him knowing he's got the same thing Carlie has. It would save me $25 if they'll just fax it to the pharmacy without having to see him. I doubt they do that though. Anyway, that was our fabulous weekend. Too bad Landon was so sick on his 1st 4th of July :(
On a side note, I have to say the both Carlie and Landon handle being sick very well. They hardly cry or complain. Landon basically sleeps all day and even when he was throwing up he didn't cry. Carlie is so sweet. She doesn't cry at all when she throws up. She just does it and then tells me not to worry and that she'll feel better soon. (of course she's telling me exactly what I tell her when I'm throwing up)

Anyway, hope you all had a great holliday :) Sorry if all the throw up talk was too much, but after all it is just a part of the day in the life of a Bowen.

haha :)

No comments: