Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, October 30, 2007













So, what is a day in the life of a Bowen like?

Well....... For Chance it involves waking up and 5:45 a.m every morning and heading off to Salt Lake City where he will spend the next 12 hours of his day at Fidelity Investments giving counsel to people about their retirement accounts.
I know what you must be thinking. How many hours does this man work? Right? Well, for now he does put in a lot of hours. He's such a hard worker and does whatever it takes to provide for our family.
Monday thru Friday around 7 p.m a white car pulls up in the driveway and Carlie knows who it is. We immediately stop whatever we are doing to open the garage door and greet Carlie's favorite Daddy!! This is when Chance get's to catch up on all the new things Carlie has learned that day and spend some time relaxing.
His real fun comes on weekends when he get's to enjoy watching his BYU Cougars. Saturday's are all about the Cougs. At least during football season. Then you have basketball season and so on and so on. Plus, the Jazz start playing soon! So, as much as Chance works he definately get's his down time to relax and watch the sports he loves. And we all know he loves sports!!!
Sunday's are pretty busy for Chance too, I'm afraid. He is the Sunday School President and he also teaches in Elders Quorum every third Sunday. But he loves it. I think he may have even asked for these callings!! Although, I have no proof.

As for me, I get to wake up anytime between 9 and 11 a.m. Carlie sleeps in very late for a toddler. She doesn't nap every day and she stays up as late as I do, so there's an up and a downside to her sleeping schedule, I guess. I am not a morning person, however, so I like things just as they are.
I get to play with Carlie all day long!! We wake up and eat breakfast and then we usually go for a walk or to the park to play for a while. I do some cleaning while she watches Wonder Pets or Dragon Tales. Then we look at her books and play with her toys. Sometime during the day we eat lunch. Then we color or "play the piano". Then she takes a short nap while I get some laundry done. Then She eats dinner and we wait for daddy to come home.
Well, I wish that's how it was everyday.... but it's not. Someday's she watches a little more tv than she probably should. Sometimes I watch more tv than I probably should. Most of the time we have a pretty good time just being together.
Carlie is pretty much my life. Everything I do is usually for her. I love it. I love being the one who get's to see her do everything the first time she does it. I love getting to play with her and teach her. I can't think of anything I would rather do with my day. It's so amazing.


Carlie is getting smarter by the minute. She's not even 2 yet and she's starting to speak in sentences. She actually said our family prayer the other night. I told her what to say and she repeated every single word. She amazes me. She's so excited for halloween. She's going around to everyone saying," hawwoween scawey!" Today she sat at the piano and made up a song about a witch. It was so dang cute! She loves taking walks to see all the decorations. She can say everything now. Everywhere we go it's. " look mom punkins, ghosts, spiders........scawey!!
She is my little pal. She does everything I do. She follows me around copying what I do. When I sneeze she will pretend to sneeze and then say bless you. I can't even put into words how entertaining she is. She sits at the piano and flips through the pages to find the song she wants even though she has no idea what any of them are. I just love her! She says the funniest things. Like we were driving in the car and I said look at that (I was telling chance to look at a dead animal on the road) and then from the back seat we hear Carlie say, "Oh My Gosh!!" She's so dramatic!
Anyway, like any mom I could go on and on.....but I won't!

We love you!!